Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Define Your Walk

Recently I've been trying to put a finger on what defined my Christian spirituality personally. It took some thinking, some insight from others, and of course some prayer, but at my current place on the path I believe the two terms that clasify it best are self-realization and love. These two terms characterize what I am currently striving hardest to do. Self-realization means that I recognize I am bad- fallen and sinful- and that I am no better than anyone else because we all need God and Jesus to make us full. It means that I don't take pride in anything I do (very hard) because it is all done through me by Jesus.

Love is perhaps the greatest principle I'm striving for right now. Loving everyone- sinner, believer, non-believer, homosexual, liar, murderer, womanizer, etc. merely because we are all human and no better than the other. It means being truly interested in people no matter our differences and caring about them, so that through showing love in spite of sins instead of withholding it, they may be convicted by someone greater than us. If we will just love them and let God handle the conviction, no matter the sin, things will work out. Anyways, that's me. What currently defines your walk?

No comments: