Wednesday, June 13, 2007

POOP

So I woke up yesterday and I was incredibly sick and dizzy and a bird had pooped all over my side view mirror. Yes, ALL over it. In fact, the same bird has been pooping on my car for about a month now. I usually get a pretty good laugh out of the irony, especially when I just wash my car the day before. As a matter of fact, every Sunday for the past few weeks I have put it on our prayer list as either a praise that they haven't pooped on it yet, or a prayer that they would stop. Unfortunately, yesterday when I was sick, I didn't seem to see the irony in it too much. It really just upset me.
I'm a pretty laid back kind of guy, and when something small like this upsets me, it really brings me down. I usually pride myself in being joyous in all occasions and bringing praise through every hardship, but sometimes its the little things that really get to me. I think we can all relate to this occasionally, whether it be bird poop, Sunday drivers, rude cashiers, or something else, we also seem to have those little bumps in our lives that break us from our cool.
I think Satan uses these things in an incredible abundance because many of us fail to recognize them. We all see that it's bad when we yell at a friend or cuss at someone, but we don't see that our little spurts of anger are what keep those outbursts coming. They are like trial runs for the major events.
I often look at the story of Job and wonder how someone could see so much crap in his life and still live to praise God. I wonder often how it's possible when I get mad at bird poop....anyways, I guess what I'm really trying to say is that we have to truly look at the sickness and bird poops of our lives and realize that God is so much bigger than them and that praising Him is so much more important.
Lord give me the patience to deal with the small things in life, thereby preparing me for the major dilemmas to come in my future. Help me to praise You no matter what storms I face.

No comments: